How to Repair Fire Damage
Everyone knows how damaging fire can be in a home. However, many people don’t know that fire has other harmful elements. Smoke odor can overwhelm your home and possessions and soot can seriously damage walls. Fires can have damaging effects on both to your family and your house.
At Paul Davis, we understand any damages to your cherished keepsakes can be disheartening. That’s why as fire restoration experts, we’re ready to help you restore your damaged possessions. When an emergency strikes, each of our franchises provides 24/7 emergency smoke restoration services. Contact us immediately, so we can lessen costly fire and smoke damage to your building.
How Can I Repair Fire Damage?
Smoke damage can occur without a major fire breaking out in your house. If you don’t act quickly, smaller kitchen fires and closed fireplace flues can cause discoloration and significant odors. It’s best that you address the problem immediately. Otherwise smoke can seep into the walls, carpets and furniture. Here are a few tips on how to quickly cleanup any smoke damage:
- To stop smoke from spreading, shut off your HVAC system.
- Position large fans towards open doors and windows to suck out the smokey air.
- Vacuum up soot and ash by holding the nozzle right above the soot- pressing down could create stains.
- Wipe down hard surfaces with a rag.
- Wipe away soot from walls and ceilings with a dry sponge and use a vinegary spray to get rid of stains.
- Clean every item in your home that has been affected, such as light bulbs.
- Dry clean or deep wash any clothing or curtains that were affected.
- Use odor counteractants to deodorize window coverings and carpets.
The Smoke Restoration Process
If your house has serious smoke damage, it’s best to let the experts handle it. The technicians from Paul Davis all-encompassing soot repair services. These include:
- 24/7 emergency services- onsite and assisting you within hours.
- Prompt damage evaluation, pretesting and estimates.
- Emergency board-up and structural stabilization.
- Environmentally friendly methods for clearing soot and other residue from fire damage.
- Smoke odor removal, sanitation and air purification.
- Careful removal and securing of damaged household goods, personal possessions and other contents for cleaning and restoration.
- Industrial grade water extractors, dehumidifiers, air movers and other equipment used to efficiently remove water resulting from fire extinguishing efforts.
- Reconstruction of the affected areas.
- Disinfectants and antimicrobials used to prevent mold and mildew.
Contact Paul Davis Today
If your house has been ravaged by soot and smoke damage, turn to Paul Davis. You can get your home back after we’re done with our fire restoration services. Our experts are specialized in high-quality smoke remediation cleaning methods and using the proper equipment. We guarantee that you’ll receive faster cleanup and cheaper smoke damage restoration costs. We want you to return to your normal life immediately. Reach out the smoke cleanup and fire damage restoration technicians from Paul Davis at 888-473-7669. We’ll connect you with the franchise closest to you.