You Can Repair Smoke Damage
We all know how damaging fire can be in a building. However, many people don’t know that fire has other harmful elements. The smell of smoke can overwhelm building materials and personal belongings, while your walls can be stained by soot. Fires can have devastating effects on both to your house and your family.
When your cherished keepsakes are damaged, it can be devastating. Paul Davis understands. That’s why our experts in soot and smoke are here to help. When an emergency strikes, every Paul David franchise provides 24/7 emergency smoke remediation services. Contact us as soon as you can, so we we’ll be able to reduce costly fire and smoke damage to your house.
Smoke Damage Can Be Cleaned Up
Smoke damage can occur without a major fire breaking out in your home. If you don’t act quickly, smaller kitchen flare ups and closed fireplace flues can cause discoloration and significant odors. It’s best that you address the problem immediately. Otherwise the smell of smoke can seep into the walls, carpets and furniture. Here are a few tips on how to quickly cleanup any smoke damage:
- To stop spreading smoke, shut off your HVAC system.
- Put large fans by open doors and windows to suck out the smokey air.
- Vacuum up soot and ash by holding the nozzle right above the soot- pressing down could create unwanted stains.
- Clean countertops and furniture.
- Use a dry sponge to wipe away soot from walls and ceilings. Meanwhile, get rid of stains with a vinegar spray.
- Clean every item that has been affected, such as light bulbs.
- Deep wash or dry clean any curtains or clothing that were affected.
- Deodorize carpets and window coverings. We suggest that you use odor counteractants.
Paul Davis’ Services
If your home has serious smoke damage, it’s best to let the experts handle it. Paul Davis offers a variety of smoke removal services. These include:
- 24/7 emergency services- onsite and assisting you within hours.
- Prompt damage evaluation, pretesting and estimates.
- Emergency board-up and structural stabilization.
- Environmentally friendly methods for clearing soot and other residue from fire damage.
- Smoke odor removal, sanitation and air purification.
- Careful removal and securing of damaged household goods, personal possessions and other contents for cleaning and restoration.
- Industrial grade water extractors, dehumidifiers, air movers and other equipment used to efficiently remove water resulting from fire extinguishing efforts.
- Reconstruction of the affected areas.
- Disinfectants and antimicrobials used to prevent mold and mildew.
Contact Paul Davis Today
If your home has been ravaged by soot and smoke damage, turn to the experts from Paul Davis. You can get your home back after we finish our smoke repair services. Our professionals are highly-trained in effective smoke remediation cleaning methods and using the proper equipment, meaning quicker cleanup and lower smoke damage restoration expenses. Our goal is to have you return to your everyday schedule immediately. Call the smoke cleanup and fire remediation services experts from Paul Davis at 888-473-7669. You’ll get connected to the franchise closest to you.