Interior Mold Inspection and Removal Services
Whether you can see it or not, chances are there is mold on your property. Mold is something that occurs naturally, although the species of mold that grows in your home or business can determine the extent of the problem. Mold spores migrate through the air, entering buildings through openings like doors, windows and HVAC systems. Spores can also enter a home on clothing, shoes, and pets. It can be nearly impossible for you to prevent mold infiltrating your property. It’s only as there is mold growing in your house that you have cause for worry. Having an expert to consult with who will tell you the kind of mold present is imperative. Add to that an expert that can develop the best way for treatment and execute the remediation process, and you have Paul Davis. We provide professional commercial and residential abatement services for a variety of disasters, including mold.
Services for Indoor Mold Removal and Abatement
When you have Paul Davis inspect your commercial or residential property for mold, you have a licensed professional who has in depth experience in this field. Detecting and identifying mold is the primary step in what can be an arduous process. When it comes to dealing with mold safely, your prime choice is to work with a company which specializes in all aspects of the process. Paul Davis offers mold remediation and removal services as well basic mold inspections. Mold can cause damage to your property and major health concerns for your family. Mold, unlike most allergens, does adversely affect the health of an individual whether they have allergies or not. Mold advances through any surface it’s found in, this means the longer it goes untreated in your property, the worse its effects are. The experts at Paul Davis can accurately identify the species of mold growing in your residence and effectively handle treating it.
Families of Mold
There are 3 basic families of mold:
- Allergenic: These cause and produce allergic reactions.
- Pathogenic: These molds cause health problems in individuals which suffer with acute illnesses.
- Toxigenic: These molds can produce toxic microorganisms.
With the variety of molds that can reside in homes, having an expert to diagnosis and inspect the extent of their spread is key to eradicating it. An expert with Paul Davis will aid in making your house free and safe from the most insidious molds.
A few common molds are:
- Penicillium – A mold that most commonly feeds on wallpaper, wallpaper glue, decaying textiles, carpets and fiberglass insulation. Penicillium will cause hay-fever like reactions and induces asthma attacks.
- Aspergillus – This is a warm environment mold which grows outdoors and indoors. Aspergillus can be found in areas that are excessively damp with extensive water damage, as well as organic matter that is breaking down. Aspergillus can also found inside of dust and produces mycotoxins.
- Alternaria – Alternaria is commonly located in soil, showers, window frames, carpets and textiles. This is a large spore mold that takes traction in soft tissue, like the nose, mouth and respiratory tract.
- Cladosporium – This is the highest commonly identified outdoor mold which enters homes. It grows in overtly moist, porous environments such as wood and textiles. The indoor and outdoor kinds trigger asthma attacks as well as induces hay-fever like reactions.
- Stachybotrys – Being the least common household mold is lucky, as it is among the more terrible. Stachybotrys requires excessive damp to grow, and causes breathing problems, symptoms reminiscent of the flu, loss of hearing and memory, and bleeding in the lungs.
- Acremonium – This toxic mold thrives in areas of condensation such as cooling coils, humidifiers, drain pans, and window sealants. Acremonium is a powdery mold that thrives in a selection of colors like pink, white, grey or orange.
- Aureobasidium – This species of mold is most often found growing behind painted wood surfaces and wallpaper. It starts out light brown or pink in color then deepens to dark brown-black as it ages. This highly responsive allergic mold induces eye infections and skin rashes.
- Chaetomium – This mold can be located in houses after a flood or leaking and in chronically wet conditions. It has a cottony texture, changes colors from white to brown or grey over time and has a dank odor. Chaetomium is also known to produce mycotoxins which affect the immune system and cause nail and skin infections.
- Cladosporium – Cladosporium thrives in cold and warm areas and migrates rapidly on fabric, upholstery, under floorboards and in carpets. It reacts strongly with wet tissues in eyes, nose, mouth and throat.
- Fusarium – Capable of thriving and spreading in cold weather, Fusarium is coral or pink in color and is most commonly located in a home’s soft goods. A reddish variety is found in organic products like house plants, and both strains can move rapidly through a home. Symptoms start out as a sore throat, runny eyes and skin infections then can progress to brain abscesses and bone infections.
- Trichoderma – Trichoderma is a highly allergic mold with 5 subspecies. This rapid growth mold has a wool like texture and is mostly white and green. It thrives in consistently damp and moist locations like HVAC systems, upholstery and wood. Along with health symptoms the same as other mycotoxins, this mold also destroys the surfaces it grows on, causing decay and structures to crumble.
- Ulocladium – This mold is mostly located in bathrooms and kitchens and is one of the black molds. It contributes to respiratory ailments and asthma.
Call Paul Davis for Reliable Mold Inspection
If you suspect or know you have mold in your house call the professionals with Paul Davis. Our expert team will provide a detailed inspection as well as perform the remediation servicing required to eradicate insidious mold from your home. Paul Davis is available 24-hours a day, 7-days a week.